Make sure you’re applying to a legit company by checking their website and job posts.
Job description Project Manager (REMOTE) Smartpesa
- Ensures Project Delivery: Manages integration, interdependencies, and alignment of projects and/or tracks of work within and across functions as required. Creates a project delivery schedule that includes financial, resource and material requirements.
- Executes Project Lifecycle: Leads each project and/or release through company's project life cycle processes. Ensures that the project has completed the relevant gate requirements and that deliverables have been properly reviewed by stakeholders.
- Executes Project Management Processes: Leads and advocates project management best practices of Integration, Scope, Time, Quality, Communication, Risk and Procurement Management
- Manages Communication: Manages project related communications within and outside of the project. Proactively identifies and communicates impacts to internal and external stakeholders. Freely provides information regarding project progress and scope using a project dashboard and/or internal/external status reports
- Defines Success Metrics: Identifies and socializes project success metrics to the internal team and to external stakeholders. Evaluates project progress and results against success metrics. • Builds Team: Exudes energy and enthusiasm. Promotes and recognizes the contribution of team members, and creates a positive work environment.
- Resolves Issues: Effectively identifies and resolves issues. Approves scope / cost / schedule / quality changes through the project sponsor (board).
- Assesses Risks: Proactively identifies risks, communicates risks to appropriate stakeholders and develops a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan.
- Governs Project Scope: Defines acceptance criteria, prioritizes stakeholder requirements and defines the scope boundaries.
- Manages Project Costs: Estimates project investment and requests budget allocation and reallocations. Ensures project is within budget. Tracks, reports, and closes out expenses and contractual obligations.
- Drives Improvement: Creates or re-engineers processes, resources, structure to gain productivity and improve project.
- Develops Best Practices: Initiate or participate in industry trend analysis and other project benchmarking, contributes to development of training.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related discipline
- 5-10 years working experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering on multiple projects and programs
- Technical knowledge; working knowledge of .NET, Java and/or other programming languages
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile methodologies (certified leader preferred)
- Familiar with AWS, cloud based and SAAS systems
- Background in payments and payment technologies strongly preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment
- Comfortable interacting with clients and internal teams to problem solve
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results