This job post is managed by
Job description for Preschool Teacher (Local and Expatriate) at St. Johannes Berchmans
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children.
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media, etc.) to teach children.
- Teach basic skills such as social skills, personal hygiene, number & letter recognition, shapes, and colors.
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments.
- Help children explore and try things out by using imaginative play and learning activities.
- Establish rules and procedures that enforce good behaviours and order in the classroom.
- Read books and stories to the class.
- Promote mental, social, and physical development by organizing and leading activities such as arts and crafts, field trips, games, and music.
- Track children’s progress and report to parents.
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche.
- Collaborate with other educators.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- BSc/BA in education or relevant field is a MUST.
- Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher for 3+ years in SPK school.
- Fluent in English is a MUST.
- Familiar with Montessori method or any international method/curriculum is a MUST.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Can join Soon
- Willing to be placed in PIK 2, North Jakarta.
Glints Safety Tips
Don't provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Legitimate employers and hiring managers do not require an application fee or expect you to pay for training.Learn More