Must have skills
Job description for PERSONAL LEARNING ASSISTANT at British School Jakarta
- Undergraduate Degree
- 3+ years working with children.
- Demonstrate high levels of oral and written English Proficiency
- Ability to work with students with learning differences
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Have a patient caring manner
- Personal Learning Assistants will provide discreet support for the student to allow him/or to make the most from teaching and learning time. This will include developing strategies for increased independence and self-advocacy.
- The Personal Learning Assistant will not be required to attend specialist subjects unless previously discussed. During this time any necessary resources can be prepared
- Personal Learning Assistants will be required to work in small groups or provide support on a 1-1 basis.
- The Personal Learning Assistant works under the direct supervision and guidance of the classroom teacher in order to work towards achieving goals and personal targets. Verbal discussions between the classroom teacher and PLA will be held regularly.
- The Personal Learning Assistant will receive weekly planning in advance, so they are familiar with curriculum content.
- The Personal Assistant will be involved in the Individual
- Educational Plan (IEP) in the development of learning and social goals.
- The Personal Learning Assistants will motivate and encourage students as much as possible and will have a positive, caring and friendly manner.