This job post is managed by
Job description for Environmental Specialist at PT. Koltiva
- Research 40% Execute applied research and create innovative approaches to improve how Koltiva’s solutions approach various environmental challenges and topics.
- Capacity Building 15% Improve the capacity of the project implementation team in how they collect environmental data and deliver farmer training/coaching on environment-related topics.
- Field Visits 10% Conduct monitoring and evaluation visits to project implementation areas.
- Analytics 20% Analyze environment data, creates insights, valuate data quality and data collection and review processes.
- Software Development Support 15% Help to develop content for Koltiva’s software solutions with focus on environmental reporting. 15%
- Research - Research on the latest standards, guidelines, regulations, and tools used to monitor, measure, and assess environmental data, especially in relation to certification (Rainforest Alliance, RSPO, 4C and other) and responsible sourcing of agriculture commodities. - Review of existing methodologies and solutions to calculate and report GHG emissions and carbon sequestration. - Contribute to continuous improvement of Koltiva’s agri-tech solutions through research and coordination with various departments. - Formulate and support integration of environmental reporting into Koltiva’s programs and services. - Participate in internal and external working-groups and meetings. External events can include supply-chain audits, seminars, and conferences, professional organization and institutions, customer meetings.
- Field Visits and Capacity Building - Conduct field visits to monitor environmental issues in Koltiva’s project areas and to evaluate the capacity of Koltiva’s program staff to collect environmental data and deliver farmer training activities on environmental topics. - Develop tests, quizzes, and other online staff evaluation tools. - Create training modules and guidelines. - Deliver training to program implementation staff related to environmental data collection and evaluation practices.
- Analytics - Analyze environmental data to help make data-driven decisions and identify actionable insights in relation to the environmental aspects of Koltiva’s projects and services. - Coordinate with the MERL, Data Support, and Implementation Teams with data quality improvement. Help to identify where improvements are needed in the data review process.
- Software Development Support - Help to create and improve environmental reporting features of Koltiva’s applications. - Help to test and review new software apps with focus on, but not solely, environmental topics related modules, questionnaires, and other features. - Coordinate with the Development and QA teams on app improvement and requirement clarification.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in a environmental science or other relevant major.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of environmental research, reporting or evaluation.
- Proficiency in English language (both written and spoken).
- Knowledge of agricultural production-related environmental issues and topics.
- Knowledge of Indonesian cash crops cultivation and supply chains (cocoa, oil palm, coffee, rubber or seaweed) and related issues.
- Experience in certification standards (RSPO, ISPO, UTZ, Rainforest Alliance, 4C, Fairtrade, Organic etc.).
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with GHG calculations or tools and programs (Cool Farm Tool or others)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mind and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Willingness to work in Jakarta and travel to all regions in Indonesia.
Glints Safety Tips
Don't provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Legitimate employers and hiring managers do not require an application fee or expect you to pay for training.Learn More