Job description for Editor Business Desk at The Jakarta Post
- Curating and editing daily business-related news and stories.
- Planning and organizing materials delivered by the desk reporters and executing follow-ups.
- Evaluating wire stories for use in the business report online and in print and occasional report and rewrite stories especially for breaking news.
- Assessing the success of articles and providing feedback for reporters and the editorial team.
- Maintaining communication within the desk and the newsroom about business coverage plans.
- Fluent with significant experience working with written and spoken English.
- Experienced business journalist, preferably has worked for an English language publication.
- Strong news judgment, including the ability to assess a story’s potential, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Excellent communication and teamwork, especially in cross-team collaboration.