Services provided by Glints Pte Ltd through the Site therein shall be available to Job Seekers or other users such as Advertisers. Access to and use of the contents and services provided on the Site shall be subject to the term and conditions which are set out below (“Terms and Conditions”) and the privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”).
If you do not accept either or both of the Terms and Conditions and/or the Privacy Statement, please do not join, access, view, download or otherwise use any services offered by Glints Pte Ltd via the Site. By your continued use of the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement and that you agree to be bound by all of its provisions. Glints Pte Ltd reserves the right to amend, add to, delete or revise the Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. You are advised to periodically review the Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions. Your access to the Site and Glints Pte Ltd’s services will be terminated upon your notice to Glints Pte Ltd that any change is unacceptable; otherwise your continued use shall constitute your acceptance of all changes and they shall be binding upon you.
- In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Advertiser" means a user who places a job advertisement or promotes any job related activities via the Site.
- "Glints" means Glints Pte Ltd.
- "Job Seeker(s)" means users seeking employment.
- "Site" means any website, job portal or mobile application owned and operated by Glints Pte Ltd and its affiliates/subsidiaries or its service providers.
- The terms "you", "user" and "users" herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing and/or using the Site at any time for any reason or purpose.
- Acceptable Site Uses
- Specific Uses – Job Seeker:
- Job Seeker agrees that he/she shall only use the Site for lawful purposes and seeking employment.
- Job Seeker agrees to keep his/her login name and password with care and not to disclose them to any other person. Job Seeker is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, safekeeping and security of such login name and password and shall notify Glints immediately of any unauthorized use of the same.
- Job Seeker confirms and acknowledges that he/she discloses his/her personal data and all other information to the Advertisers and/or Glints of his/her own volition when he/she applies for available job vacancies posted on or through the Site, and/or when Job Seeker uses the Site for purposes of submitting, uploading or posting his/her resume on the Site. By submitting, uploading or posting his/her resume on the Site, Job Seeker authorizes Glints to store his/her resume and information or data related thereto in the database of Glints (“Database”). Job Seeker may send his/her resume and the related information or data directly to any Advertiser who advertises on or through the Site. Alternatively, Job Seeker may send his/her resume and the related information or data to Glints through the Site in reply to any job advertisement. In such an event, Job Seeker’s resume and the related information or data will remain active on the Site and be stored in the Database at his/her own risk unless and until he/she chooses to delete them. Job Seeker acknowledges and agrees that his/her resume and the related information or data may be accessed by the Advertisers who have subscribed to the services of Glints for the sole purpose of recruiting and assessing the suitability of Job Seekers. Glints also reserves the right to reject, disapprove or edit any part of the Job Seeker’s resume and information or data related thereto as it sees appropriate and to erase any personal data which Glints reasonably believes that such information or data are inaccurate, false, illegal, unlawful, infringe copyright / trademark / trade name / trade secret or infringe any other intellectual property rights or invade the privacy of the other having regard to the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data are or are to be used.
- Job Seeker acknowledges and agrees to Glint's practice of charging Advertiser a fee for access to the Site, the Database and/or Job Seekers’ resumes, details and information or data related thereto for the sole purpose of recruiting and assessing the suitability of Job Seekers and subject to the terms herein. Job Seeker also recognizes that he/she shall have no claims to any such fee received by Glints.
- Glints will not release Job Seeker’s personal data to any Advertiser without his/her permission unless required by any authorized institution or obliged under the prevailing laws and regulations. Job Seeker acknowledges and agrees that Glints will, if he/she so authorizes, release his/her resume (without his/her personal and contact information and name of his/her current employer) to Advertiser through the use of Glints’ search engine or any other means for the sole purpose of enabling Advertiser to recruit and assess the suitability of Job Seekers in relation to any job vacancy. Job Seeker agrees that Glints and its associated companies may use his/her personal data (without his/her name, address and other personal identifiable information) for marketing purposes which may be directed to either potential Advertisers, their respective agents or anyone under their employ.
- Although Glints shall use its reasonable endeavors to restrict access to the Database only to the Advertisers and personnel of Glints, it does not guarantee that other parties will not, without Glints’ consent, gain access to the Database. Job Seeker may disable searching or viewing of his/her resume by the Advertisers at any time. However, Job Seeker acknowledges that the Advertisers and other parties who have otherwise gained access to the Database may have retained a copy of Job Seeker’s resume. Glints is not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of resumes in these instances, or for the use or privacy of resumes by any of such parties while the resumes are in the Database.
- Glints will not be responsible or held liable in any way if any Advertiser or other user, in breach of the Terms and Conditions, whether in Singapore or elsewhere, uses the Job Seeker’s personal data, information or materials for any purpose other than for recruiting potential employees. Job Seeker accepts that all personal data, information or materials given to Advertiser or other users, or submitted on or through the Site, are given entirely at his/her own risk.
- Specific Uses – Advertiser:
- Advertiser agrees that it shall only use the Site for lawful purposes and promoting any job related activities. If Advertiser has elected to also acquire any of Glints Products (“Glints Products”), these Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Glints Products’ specifications, which will be provided on request.
- Upon payment of the service fee to Glints or upon acceptance of any free trial promotion offer, Advertiser will be entitled to use the Site to advertise job vacancies and/or to create its own web page on the Site for a predetermined period following agreement of the predetermined service, save and except for free trial promotion offer. Subject to the conditions or requirements from time to time stipulated by Glints regarding the access to Job Seeker’s information or data, Advertiser will be entitled to access the Database but agrees that all information or data obtained as a result of such access shall only be used for the sole purpose of recruiting and assessing the suitability of Job Seekers and that such information or data shall not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior consent of the Job Seeker concerned. Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that it shall disregard any information or data received from Job Seeker which is irrelevant to recruiting and assessing the suitability of Job Seekers.
- Advertiser shall be solely responsible for the contents of and materials contained in its advertisement and/or web page posted on the Site. Glints reserves the right to remove or edit, or require the removal or amendment of, any advertisement or web page as it sees appropriate, or to terminate or suspend the Advertiser’s access and use of the Site and/or services offered on or through the Site, in accordance with the agreement for such services between Advertiser and Glints.
- Glints shall have the right to terminate any services offered to any Advertiser and to remove any advertisement and/or web page posted on the Site at Glints’ sole discretion, without any compensation or recourse to Advertiser in the event that the relevant Advertiser or the contents of the relevant advertisement and/or web page is or are in breach of any of the provisions herein or any of the provisions in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE, Policy Statement or any Glints Products’ specifications; whereas, in the event that Glints decides to remove an advertisement or web page for any reasons not relating to any breach of the provisions herein or any of the provisions in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE, Policy Statement or any Glints Products’ specifications, Glints may after deducting the fees charged for the period that the advertisement or web page has been posted on the Site, refund the remaining fees (if any) to the relevant Advertiser.
- From time to time Glints may invest in marketing campaigns to promote your employer brand (including but not limited to Google ads, Yahoo – Bing ads, Baidu ads, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, ad networks, Demand Side Platforms, Real Time Bidding, retargeting and other programmatic buying strategies) and acknowledge that such promotion may be outside the domain of Glints or its subsidiaries / affiliates.
- Glints also reserves the right to change the service fee or institute new charges or fees, from time to time, as it deems appropriate. In the event that any Advertiser fails to pay the service fee or any other fees or charges due to Glints, Glints reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Advertiser’s web page and/or advertisement and/or right to access the Database, without prejudice to all other rights and remedies available to Glints.
- Prohibited Uses – Users:
- Users agree(s) that:
- Job Seeker shall not post any non-resume related information or data and/or incomplete, false or inaccurate resume related information or data on the Site.
- Job Seeker shall not respond to any job vacancy advertisement for any reason other than to apply for the job advertised, and Advertiser shall not respond to any Job Seeker other than in connection with his/her application for a job. Any communications or use of the Site for any purposes other than recruitment purposes, including but not limited to soliciting of donations or business for any reason, are strictly prohibited.
- All users shall not use the Site in any manner that infringes the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of others.
- All users shall not print, download, duplicate, transmit or otherwise copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish or use any personally identifiable information about other users save and except that the Advertisers may use the Database and/or Job Seekers’ resumes and the information or data related thereto pursuant to Section 1.1.5 as above. All unsolicited communications of any type to users are strictly prohibited.
- All users shall not delete, revise or remove any material posted by any other person or entity.
- All users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site including, without limitation, accessing data not intended for them or logging into a server or account which they are not authorized to access, attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or attempting to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network or sending unsolicited e-mails, including promotions and/or advertisements for products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liabilities, including under the Computer Misuse Act (Cap. 50A) and the Spam Control Act (Cap. 311A).
- All users shall not upload, post, publish, transmit, distribute, circulate or store any material in whatsoever way relating to the Site (i) in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; (ii) in any manner that may infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of others or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others; (iii) that is harmful, defamatory, libelous, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, blasphemous, false, illegal, improper or is otherwise offensive or objectionable; (iv) in the manner that causes unrest in politics, religion, national security or stability of Glints; or (v) that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, corrupted files or other materials or programs that may interrupt, damage or limit the functionality and operation of the Site, the services offered on the Site, or of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication equipment.
- All users are prohibited in using screen scraping, data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site for establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication, except with our prior written consent.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All contents of the Site, including without limitation information, text, graphics, images, layout, designs, pictures, logos, editorial content, HTML and other proprietary materials on the Site (collectively “Contents”) are the intellectual property of Glints or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property laws. Users acknowledge and agree that the Contents are made available solely for their personal non-commercial use. Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, users shall not, and shall not procure, assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, disseminate, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, circulate, store (in any medium), display, modify, sell or transfer or participate in the sale or transfer of or offer for sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the Contents, whether in whole or in part. Users may download or copy the Contents solely for their personal non-commercial use and/or users that are expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, provided that users will not delete or amend any symbols or statements in the Contents that indicate the subsistence therein of copyright, trademark and any other proprietary rights. Users do not have any right, title or interest in or to any or any part of the Contents as a result of such downloading or copying. Glints reserves all its rights of enforcement of all its intellectual property rights or proprietary rights in the Contents, including without limitation against any use of any of the Contents that is not expressly permitted under the Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, any purported consent of any third parties (including Advertisers) to the use of the Contents or any part thereof shall not in any way exonerate the users from the restrictions/prohibitions imposed hereunder in whatsoever manner.
- Glints reserves the right to monitor the Site and its contents at any time, but is not obliged to do so. Glints takes no responsibility whatsoever for any material on the Site that is not posted by Glints or is otherwise posted by Glints on behalf of a user. All users acknowledge and agree that they are fully responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume, information, data, advertisement, web page and/or material submitted by them to Glints or that is otherwise posted by them on or through the Site. Glints does not warrant that any resume, information, data, advertisement or web page will be viewed by any specific number of users or that it will be viewed by any specific user or result in successful recruitment of personnel. Glints shall not in any way be considered an agent of either Advertiser or Job Seeker with respect to any use of the Site. Glints shall not be responsible in any way for any decision, for whatever reason, made by any party seeking or posting jobs on the Site, or of any party responding to or posting advertisements on the Site. Whilst Glints has endeavored to provide a quality service to advertisers and job seekers, it does not warrant that the site will operate error-free or that the site and its server are free of viruses or other harmful mechanisms, that any defects will be corrected, or that the operation of the site will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. If use of the site or its contents result in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, by any user, Glints shall not be responsible for those costs and any loss or damage of whatever nature. The site and its contents are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Glints disclaims all warranties, including without prejudice to the foregoing, any warranties in respect of merchantability, availability of featured products or services, non-infringement of third party rights, fitness for particular purpose, or about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness or other qualities of the site and the contents, services, software, text, graphics and links contained therein. Users should independently assess and verify the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information on the site and to seek professional advice where necessary.
- Own Risk
- All users use the site and any other websites accessed through it, entirely at their own risk. All users shall be responsible for their own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their activities on the Site. Glints does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any of the communications posted by other users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. Any reliance by users on any material posted by other users shall be at their own risk. Glints reserves the right to expel any users and prevent their further access to the Site at any time for breaching the Terms and Conditions or violating the laws and regulations and also reserves the right to remove any material which is abusive, illegal, disruptive or inappropriate at Glints’s sole discretion without notice and/or consent whatsoever.
- Links to Other Websites
- The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These are provided solely as a convenience to users and as Internet navigation tools, and not in any way as an endorsement by Glints of the contents on such third-party websites. Unless otherwise stated on the Site, Glints has no control over or rights in such third-party websites and is not responsible for their availability or security. If users access any linked third-party websites, they do so entirely at their own risk. Glints shall not be responsible for the contents of any third-party websites linked to the Site or any links contained in such third-party websites or any changes or updates to the above, and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the contents or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Glints shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use of the services or contents of such third-party websites. Further, any data or materials posted on the Site by any user may be viewed by users of other websites linked to the Site and Glints shall not be responsible for any improper use by any user or third party other than Glints of any data or materials posted on the Site.
- All users agree to indemnify and hold harmless Glints and its associated companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns from and against any claims, actions, demands, injuries, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and litigation expenses on a full indemnity basis) arising from or relating to the users’ use of the Site or its contents or the users’ breach of the Terms and Conditions, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. This indemnification shall be in addition to all other obligations of users under the Terms and Conditions, and shall not prejudice any other rights or remedies available at law to Glints.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Glints and its associated companies, officers, directors, employees or agents shall not be liable in any event for damage of any kind suffered by any users whatsoever directly or indirectly arising from or relating to such users’ use of or inability to use the site and its contents, including without limitation any errors or omissions in such contents, or any deletion, incorrect or delayed transmission or loss of any contents or materials uploaded or transmitted through the site.
- Dealing with Advertisers
- User’s communication or business dealings with, or participation in promotions organized by, advertisers found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the user and such advertiser. Glints shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any type or nature incurred as a result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of the advertisers on the Site or as a result of the accuracy or truthfulness of any information or data posted by the advertisers.
- Dealing with Other Users
- Notwithstanding Glints uses its best endeavors to provide impartial job seeking and recruitment services, and represents a media supporting information exchanged between Advertisers and Job Seekers, Glints will not be involved in dealings or disputes between Job Seeker and Advertiser and Glints shall not be responsible or held liable for the quality, security and legitimacy of the recruitment service. Glints does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of the information and/or the resume provided by Job Seeker or of the recruitment advertisements provided by Advertiser. Glints does not guarantee that Advertiser will be able to pay the relevant remuneration or that Job Seeker will be competent to take the job offered by the Advertiser. Should any dispute arise between Advertiser and Job Seeker, Advertiser and Job Seeker shall resolve such disputes between themselves and Glints shall not be responsible and held liable for any disputes thereof.
- Limitation of Liability
- Without prejudice to the above and subject to the applicable laws, the aggregate liability of Glints to any user for all claims arising from or relating to his/her use of Glints services and the Site shall be limited to the fees received by Glints in respect of the services giving rise to such claims.
- In the event that any information provided by the user is inaccurate, in breach of any laws or contains indecent elements, Glints shall instantly abrogate the user’s account and membership without notice and reserves the right to take any action as it considers appropriate, desirable or necessary, including but not limited to taking legal action against such user. Glints reserves the right at any time to immediately terminate or suspend any user’s account or access to the Site without notice, where Glints is of the opinion that the user has breached any of the Terms and Conditions or violated any law or regulation, and to take further action as Glints in its sole discretion considers appropriate, desirable or necessary, including removing any material which it deems abusive, illegal, disruptive or inappropriate. Glints shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide whether the user, Job Seeker or Advertiser has breached any of the Terms and Conditions, and such decision shall be final. In case Glints has not exercised the right under this Clause, it shall not be deemed to be a waiver.
- Modification to Access or Site
- Glints reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, change, suspend, discontinue or restrict (a) users’ access to, either temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof); or (b) the whole or any portion of this Site (and the services provided therein), with or without notice. Glints shall not be liable to users or to any third party for any such modification, change, suspension, discontinuation or restriction.
- Security Measures
- Glints will use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that its officers, directors, employees, agents and/or contractors exercise their prudence and due diligence in handling the personal data submitted by Job Seeker and that access to and processing of the personal data by such persons is on a “need-to-know” and “need-to-use” basis. Glints will use its reasonable endeavors to protect Job Seekers’ personal data against any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure of the personal data.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or matter arising from or incidental to the use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence, validity, breach or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) or at such other venue in Singapore as the parties concerned may agree in writing in accordance with the SIAC Rules. A tribunal shall consist of a single arbitrator to be appointed by the chairman of the SIAC. The decision of the tribunal shall be final and binding on the parties concerned. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The parties concerned undertake to keep the arbitration proceedings and all information, pleadings, documents, evidence and all matters relating thereto confidential.
- In the event of any breach of the Terms and Conditions by a party, the other party shall be entitled to remedies in law and equity as determined by arbitration.
- Force Majeure
- Without prejudice to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions limiting or disclaiming liability, Glints is not liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, failure of the internet, power failure, failure of computer, telecommunication or other equipment, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortage of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, act of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts and non-performance of third parties.
- Entire Agreement
- The Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between user and Glints relating to his/her/its use of the Site, and shall replace and supersede all other communications (be it written or oral), discussions, letters and contracts relating to the subject matters hereof.
- The provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each other and the validity of each provision shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event that any provision or any part of a provision of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions or remaining part of the provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not be affected and, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or part of a provision, there shall be added as part of the Terms and Conditions one or more provisions as similar in terms as may be legal, valid and enforceable under the applicable law.
- Variation of Terms
- Glints may vary these Terms at any time. If Glints varies these Terms, it will provide notice by publishing the varied Terms on the Site.
- You accept that by doing this, Glints has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation to its Terms.
Glints respects the privacy of the personal information and your data and will ensure compliance by its staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by you via the Site and Glints will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without your prior consent (whether registered or not).
You are strongly recommended to read this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) carefully to have an understanding of Glints policy and practices with regard to the treatment of personal information and data provided by Users on the Site. This Privacy Statement is applicable to both registered and unregistered Users, and the terms herein may be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time as Glints may deem necessary and/or appropriate.
By registering for or using the services/Site, or by clicking the ‘Sign up’ button, you:
- Consent to Glints and/or Glints’ group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described below;
- Consent to Glints and/or Glints group companies disclosing your personal data to Glints and/or Glints’ group companies’ third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Singapore) for the purposes as described below.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries” below.
In this Privacy Statement, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
“Advertiser(s)” means a User or Company who places a job advertisement or promotes any job related activities via the Site.
“Glints” means Glints Pte Ltd.
“Glints Group” means Glints Pte Ltd, Glints Singapore Pte Ltd, PT Glints Indonesia Group, PT Intra Global Talenta, Glints Sdn Bhd and any other subsidiaries of Glints Pte Ltd.
“Job Seeker(s)” means users seeking employment.
“Sign up User(s)” means Users who sign up on the Site to obtain services offered by Glints. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Privacy Statement to “users” or “you” include references to generic users and Registered Users.
“Site” means any website, job portal or mobile application owned and operated by Glints and its affiliates/subsidiaries or its service providers.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Site, you may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Site, it may be necessary for you to provide Glints with your personal information and/or data. Although you are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Site, Glints will not be able to render certain services on the Site in the event that you fail to do so.
Glints purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following:
- for the daily operation of the services provided to you;
- to assist you to find appropriate employment with Employers and to assist Employers to assess the suitability of candidates for a job vacancy for a wide spectrum of jobs and industries;
- to provide you with various services offered by the Site and newsletters, information on job openings and promotional and marketing materials (for further details, please refer to section headed “Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials” below);
- to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from you;
- to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Site and to respond to your inquiries or requests;
- to assist Glints with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
- to verify your identity in posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information“) on the Site;
- to identify who viewed the Information posted on the Site;
- to allow you to enjoy your benefits as members of the Site by enrolling for special events and promotions hosted by Glints and/or its affiliates and/or partner companies;
- to facilitate Glints and/or its affiliates to use your personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by Glints and marketing services and/or special events of Glints and/or its affiliates;
- to obtain statistics to analyze usage of the Site in order to help its further development; and
- for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to Glints and/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services.
Before using the Site or disclosing any information or data on the Site, if you are a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you should seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for you, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact the responsible Data Protection Officer whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries”.
Glints strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
If Glints requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, we will request your prescribed consent to the same. If you are a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
Glints may collect personal information and/or data about you, such as your name, login ID and password, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, Glints may also collect additional personal information and/or data from you in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
Only duly authorized staff of Glints will be permitted to access your personal information and data, and Glints shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save except in the circumstances listed under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data” below.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
Glints agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
Generally speaking, Glints will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information and/or data to Glints personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to you and corporate clients of Glints who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with your prior consent. However, Glints may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by Glints to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Site, under a duty of confidentiality;
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of Glints who have been duly authorized by Glints to use such information and/or data;
- where permitted under the “Terms and Conditions” including the “Talent Search Terms and Conditions” (see the Profiles Section below);
- where Glints needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
- where Glints considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site;
- where Glints deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and/or
- where Glints deems necessary in order to maintain and/or improve the services on the Site.
Personal data collected via the Site may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which Glints or any member of the Glints Group operates. By using the Site, you are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized Glints to disclose and/or transfer your personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of your country.
Glints Advertisers and Online Applications
Making an online application to a job advertisement on the Site is a free and optional service that requires you to complete mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, phone and email) so that Advertisers can identify and contact the applicants. When you apply for a job advertisement on the Site, applications, including attachments and cover letters, are:
- forwarded directly on to the Advertiser and/or its nominated representative; and/or
- stored in the Glints Employers Portal on behalf of the Advertiser.
The Glints Employers Portal allows Advertisers to easily and effectively manage their recruitment process via one central facility made available by Glints.
By applying to a position advertised on the Site you are requesting that Glints pass the information you provide to the relevant Advertiser and/or their nominated representative. Any questions you have relating to a position advertised on Glints, your online application and/or the status of your application should be directed directly to the Advertiser or their nominated agent, not Glints.
Any Personal Information retained by Glints as part of your application will only be used in accord with this Privacy Statement. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by Advertisers is not within the control of Glints and if you have any questions about how an Advertiser uses your personal information or want to request access to any personal information that you have sent as part of an application or that has been provided to them as part of a Glints Profile (as defined below), you have the right to contact that Advertiser directly.
Glints provides all Registered Users with the option of creating a personal Glints Profile (“Glints Profile“). A Glints Profile can include a resume, employment and educational history, contact details, salary expectations, and preferred job classifications and locations. Advertisers who are approved by Glints are able to search Glints Profile database to find and contact relevant candidates.
Advertisers who use the invitations to apply for jobs function will only receive access to your contact information if you respond directly to the job invitation sent to you.
If you have replied to a job invitation sent by an Advertiser or you have applied for jobs directly on the Site using your profile, that Advertiser will have access to your up-to-date profile, including your contact details (as updated by you from time to time).
All information provided when creating a Glints Profile (including your name, resume, email address, telephone numbers, employment and educational history) may be used by Glints for the purpose of improving placement opportunities for you or for tailoring specific products to you.
Where you create a Glints Profile on Glints, you consent to your profile being viewed and/or accessed by Advertisers using the websites of any member of the Glints Group, which may result in the transfer of your personal data from Singapore to the other countries in which the other members of the Glints Group operate.
As a Registered User, you can modify your Glints Profile, your resume or modify the privacy options in relation to your Glints Profile at any time, by going to the Profile area of the Site.
You may also elect to clear your Glints Profile altogether. Cleared Glints Profiles may still however be stored by Glints in testing or backup systems for a period of time. Glints reserves the right to disable or clear a Glints Profile at any time at its sole discretion.
Advertisers that place job ads on Glints, and that purchase Glints Profiles are asked by Glints to comply with all relevant laws and obligations relating to the use and disclosure of personal information. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these Advertisers is not within the control of Glints and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.
You may elect to store resumes in your Glints account, and use those resumes when applying for a job.
In order to provide Advertisers with the most relevant information about you, social network information (including but not limited to GitHub or LinkedIn profiles) that you provide may also be scanned by Glints and relevant content may be displayed to Advertisers. If you do not want content from social networks to be displayed to Advertisers, do not provide social network information.. For more information on how your resume will be used, see above under the heading “Glints Profile”.
Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials
Glints and its affiliates may from time to time send to members and Users of the Site newsletters, information on job openings, and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that they have provided to Glints. Glints may use your data in direct marketing and Glints requires your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, login ID and password, contact details, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience from time to time may be used by Glints and/or its authorized personnel or staff in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- job-hunting and agencies services offered other than by Glints
- various courses, programs and career opportunities;
- special events hosted by Glints, including but not limited to courses, workshops, and competitions;
- reward, loyalty or privilege programs and related products and services;
- special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
- products and services offered by Glints’ affiliates and advertisers (the names of such affiliates and advertisers can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- the above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by Glints and/or;
- Glints’ affiliates;
- third party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
- charitable or non-profit making organizations;
- in addition to marketing the above services, products, and subject itself, Glints also intends to provide the data described in paragraph (a) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and Glints requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose; and
- Glints may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (d) above and, when requesting your written consent as described in paragraph (d) above, Glints will inform you if Glints receives any money or other property in return for providing the data to other persons.
In this regard, you may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or Settings page, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message or contacting Glints using the contact details under the section headed “Enquiries“.
Access to or Request for Correction of Data
You are entitled to request access to or make amendments to your own personal information and data kept with Glints by contacting Glints using the contact details set out under the section headed “Enquiries“. Subject to the paragraph below, you may alternatively edit, amend or delete your personal information and data at any time by logging into the “My Profile” section of the Site.
In the event that you wish to access or amend your personal information and data, Glints may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity.
Glints will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should Glints not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, Glints will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which Glints will be able to respond to your request. Where legally permitted, if Glints is unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so.
Glints does not collect any personally identifiable information from you while you visit and browse the Site. When you access the Site, Glints records your visits only and does not collect your personal information or data. The Site’s server software will also record the domain name, server, address and track the pages you visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without you being aware that they are occurring.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify their individual browser settings to decline cookies if they prefer. However, you should note that disabling cookies on their browser may prevent them from taking full advantage of the Site.
Glints does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. Glints generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of the Site, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Site, track your movements and number of entries in Glints’ promotional activities and special events, measure traffic patterns and administer the Site. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data“.
In addition, our third party advertising companies may place cookies on some of the pages you visit on the Site. These cookies are designed to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to analyze your interests and searches on our Site to help deliver more relevant advertisements when you visit our Site. The non-personally identifiable information collected by these cookies may be shared with other third parties for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis.
The Site may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by Glints or its affiliates. Personal information and data from you may be collected on these other websites when you visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when you decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Site which grants you access to another website, the protection of your personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
If you register on the Site via your accounts from social networking sites (including but not limited to Facebook, Google and LinkedIn), you are deemed to have consented to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and such your personal data provided to those networking tools may be obtained by Glints and be used by Glints and its authorized persons in and outside of the your country for the purpose of providing services and marketing materials to the you. Where this occurs, you will be provided clear notice by these social networking sites. Glints and its authorized personnel may gain access and use your personal data obtained in such a way, subject to the other provisions of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the Site. You are reminded that this Privacy Statement grants no protection to your personal information and data that may be exposed on websites other than the Site, and Glints is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. You are strongly recommended to refer to the privacy policies of such other websites before using those websites.
Glints posts Users’ testimonials on the Site, which may contain personally identifiable information such as the Users’ names. Glints does obtain the Users’ consent prior to posting the testimonials to post their names along with their testimonials.
The security of your personal information and data is important to Glints. Glints will always strive to ensure that your personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. Glints has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal information and data.
All personal information and data provided by you are only accessible by the authorized personnel of Glints or its authorized third parties, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal information and data. You may rest assured that their personal information and data will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected. You should safeguard your unique Username and Password by keeping it secret and confidential and never share these details with anyone.
Glints uses a third party service provider to facilitate the electronic payment transactions on the Site.
Glints follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by you to the Site, both during transmission and once Glints receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Glints strives to protect your personal information and data against unauthorized access, Glints cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
Once Glints has obtained your personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in Glints’ system for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected as set out under the section headed “Purpose of Collection of Personal Data”. Once registered, you may terminate your membership of the Site by contacting Glints using the contact details under the section headed “Enquiries”. Glints may retain your personal information even after you have closed your account if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes between Users, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
Glints reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time as Glints deems necessary, so you are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently. If Glints decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, Glints will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places as Glints deems appropriate, so that you would be aware of what information Glints collects, how Glints uses it, and under what circumstances, if any, Glints discloses it.
If Glints makes material changes to this Privacy Statement, Glints will notify you on this webpage, by email, or by means of a notice on the home page of Glints.
Such changes to this Privacy Statement shall apply from the time that Glints posts the same on this webpage. Your continued use of the Site and services on the Site shall constitute acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Statement.
Should you have any enquiries relating to this Privacy Statement, please contact us through the chat facilities available on the Site or email Glints at [email protected] or write to us at the following address:
Glints Pte Ltd
71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #05-01, Singapore 139951
Alternatively, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request.